Come join us tomorrow, Sunday May 21st!
Plant seeds! Weed a bed! Wheel some soil! Enjoy a potluck with friends of the PLOT!
Work party 10 am- 3pm, potluck mid-day. See you there!
GARDEN TO DO LIST: ( PLEASE FEEL FREE ADD IDEAS TO LIST )
– Finish bed extensions in the squash field.
– Finish moving top soil, wheelbarrowing to new beds and extensions.
– Edge perimeter flowerbeds around the Medicine Wheel Flower beds. ( dig out turf and define edges of these newly expanded flower beds)
– Sheer back grass on sod benches
– Weed out grasses and certain invasive weeds from garden beds (buttercup, hairy chickweed, dock etc. We will have sample weeds available as a guide for those wishing to weed) PLEASE NOTE; Some weeds such as mullein, dandelions and plantain are being left in the garden in some areas for pollinator/medicinal teaching. Opportunity to learn more about this on Sunday for those new to the concept)
– planting scarlet runner beans, radish, early corn, carrots, lettuce and other seeds.
– checking potato wire worm traps and preparing more
– check water trays for bees
FOR THE ARTISTS AND ARTISTS AT HEART
– Painting lath pieces to make them ready to use as plant markers in the garden.
– Weaving and placing Branches to create backing for one of the newer sod benches. ( branches on site)
– Tidy around larger stones that anchor the directions in the medicine wheel. (Using the south stone as an example of what needs doing)
– Clean out a few of the medicine wheel planters that contain the grasses. Divide and replant as needed and transplant others to other areas of garden.
Next week we will begin a couple of NEW SCHEDULED TIME SLOTS for those who cannot make Sundays:
For those asking for evening times:
Teresa will be at the Plot Monday May 22 from 6 to 8pm
For those needing morning ;
Wednesday May 24 from 7:30 am to noon.
Please note: Come out anytime! This is OUR garden and it belongs to the community! Each unique contribution is what makes it thrive!